Vicksburg, Miss –The Vicksburg District of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (Corps) has updated its earlier reported closures dated 4 June 2013. The Corps has re-opened all recreational areas and other facilities at Lake Greeson. At DeGray Lake, all campgrounds are open; Highway 7 Recreation Area has re-opened. The Lower Lake River access ramp remains closed and will not reopen for at least 7-10 days.
At Lake Ouachita, the following sites are re-opened:
- Brady Mountain campsites I-50 and 55-74 are re-opened
- Crystal Springs boat ramp reopened
- Crystal Springs campsites 1-22 reopened; Group Camp Area D 1-4 re-opened
- Joplin campsites 6-14 re-opened, 18-45 reopened; 64 re-opened; 64 reopened
- Tompkins Bend campsites 1-16 re-opened; 31-43 re-opened
- Tompkins Bend boat ramp re-opened
- Little Fir boat ramp re-opened
Boaters are reminded to always watch for debris washed into the lake from the recent heavy rains in the watershed area and let others know where you will be boating. Always wear your lifejacket and keep the boat's "kill switch" attached at all times while underway. For more information, please contact the Arkansas lake offices at 501-767-2101.
Release no. 13-063