Day use fees
The collection of day use fees for beaches, boat ramps and other attractions resumed Oct. 1, 2020. For information about prices, please contact the appropriate field office.
Annual passes cost $40 and allow you to visit all USACE day use recreation areas across the country. You can purchase an annual pass at a USACE field office, visitor center or by mail. For more information, contact your local USACE office.
Annual passes are valid for one calendar year from the month of sale. When you purchase an annual pass, you will also receive a plastic hang tag with stickers that show when you purchased your pass. You can hang your tag on the rearview mirror of your vehicle.
Golden Passport Program
The Golden Passport Program ended in 2006 and was replaced with the America the Beautiful passes. If you have a pass from the Golden Passport Program, you can still use it at USACE recreation sites, but you cannot get another one. If you lose your pass from the Golden Passport Program, you must purchase an America the Beautiful pass to replace it.
America the Beautiful passes
The America the Beautiful passes cover:
- Entrance fees at national parks and wildlife refuges
- Entrance fees and day use fees at national forests and grasslands and at lands managed by the Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
A pass covers:
- Entrance, standard amenity and day use fees for a driver and all passengers in a personal vehicle at per vehicle fee areas OR
- Entrance, standard amenity and day use fees for up to four adults at sites that charge per person
Children age 15 or under are admitted free.
America the Beautiful passes come in six varieties:
- Annual pass
- Free annual pass for U.S. military
- Free annual fourth grade pass
- Senior pass
- Access pass
- Volunteer pass
Learn more about America the Beautiful passes on the National Park Service’s website.