To sustain the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers as a premier organization in developing small businesses and maximizing their opportunities to participate in our procurements, thereby ensuring a broad base of capable suppliers to support the Corps of Engineers mission and strengthen our nation’s economic development.
The Vicksburg District fully supports the Government’s policy to provide maximum practicable opportunities in its acquisitions to:
- Small Businesses
- Small Disadvantaged Businesses
- Women-Owned Small Businesses
- HUBZone Small Businesses
- Veteran-Owned Small Businesses
- Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Businesses
HOW TO DO BUSINESS WITH THE VICKSBURG DISTRICT
The Vicksburg District Small Business Office (SBO) continually strives to establish the SBO as the premier organization in assisting small businesses in “Doing Business with the U. S. Army Corps of Engineers.” The SBO seeks to understand our customer’s concerns and ensure that their expectations are met with uncompromising integrity. We seek to foster and develop working relationships with businesses and management to find win-win situations whereby the overall mission of the Corps is accomplished. To this end we offer the following tip.
Familiarize yourself with:
Call, write, e-mail, or visit the Deputy for Small Business to discuss your capabilities, interests and capacities to perform
- our district
- federal acquisition opportunities
- various acquisition publications
- organization contacts and recommended websites
OPPORTUNITIES FOR BUSINESS
We purchase a variety of construction and engineering services, other services, and various supplies.
Our business opportunities are listed on the Federal Business Opportunities home page and the Vicksburg District Contracting Division home page.
|WEB LINKS OF INTEREST
- Federal Business Opportunity www.fbo.gov
- Search: “W912EE” for all Vicksburg District opportunities
- Contracting with the Vicksburg District:
- Central Contractor Registration (CCR) www.ccr.gov
- All vendors wishing to do business with the Vicksburg District Corps of Engineers, must be registered in CCR.
- Small Business Administration (SBA) www.sba.gov
- SBA provide training, counseling, small business certifications and financial assistance.
- Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) www.aptac-us.org
- PTAC provide training and counseling on marketing, financial, and contracting issues.
- Register with VetBiz: www.vetbiz.gov
Large Business concerns receiving contract awards from the Corps of Engineers valued in excess of $1.5M for construction, and $650,000 for other than construction, are required to submit subcontracting plans.
The plans include goals for awarding subcontracts to businesses that are small, small disadvantaged, women-owned, veteran owned, service-disabled veteran-owned and HUBZone small businesses.
Small businesses can advertise their services to federal and state agencies, as well as prime contractors by visiting the Small Business Administration’s Dynamic Small Business Search. http://dsbs.sba.gov/dsbs